Helping Hands Christian Learning Center
"Let Us Make a Difference in Your Child's Life"
Every day, we are asked questions from parents who have concerns about their child’s care and development. To help answer some of these questions, we’ve compiled a variety of insightful and informative articles. We, at Helping Hands are dedicated to the development of the whole child. So we’re excited about pursuing a Healthy Life Style through comprehensive nutrition and a physical activity program. Our goal is to helping each child reach their full potential, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Health and Safety
· Tips for a Safe and Happy Halloween
· Is My Child Getting Enough Sleep?
· Is Your Child Over Scheduled?
Guiding Your Child’s Behavior
· Tips for Teaching Your Child about Gratitude
· Dealing with Your Child’s Challenging Behaviors
· Help Your Child Make Good Choices
· Helping Children Cope with Stressful Times
· Is Conflict Healthy for Children?
· Punished by Rewards Part 2
· The Fine Art of Sharing
Security Blanket and Other Favority Cuddlies
The Art of Parenting
· Helping Children through Life’s Transitions
· How Do I Potty Train My Child?
· Loving Children Unconditionally
· Talking with Your Child about Difficult Subjects
· The Importance of Community for Young Children
Dealing With Parental Mistakes
Understanding Your Child’s Development
· Promoting Healthy Cognitive Development in Your Child
· Promoting Healthy Language Development in Your Child
· Promoting Healthy Physical Development in Your Child
· Promoting Healthy Social-Emotional Development in Your Child
Your Child’s Educational Journey
· How To Help Promote Literacy Development in Young Children
· Tips for a Smooth Transition into the New School Year
The Importance of Imagination
Parenting and education resources
This list contains links to helpful websites devoted to parenting and education issues.
Zero to Three
A wealth of information including parenting links, tips and development information relating to children through the age of 3.
Common Sense Parenting
Specializes in training, consulting and researching parenting practices that address the day-to-day care, guidance and development of children.
American Academy of Pediatrics
Provides information for parents of children from birth through age 21. They cover topics such as car seats, breastfeeding, immunizations, obesity and injury prevention.
Doctor-approved health information about medical, emotional and developmental issues of children and their families.
Family Education empowers learners of all ages to reach their full potential. This is a tool that offers internet resources, and shopping for parents, teachers, and kids.
Biblical and Moral Video Teachings
"Right Now Media" is a Christian Video Resource available to you and your family to help each of you grow, while on your faith journey. There is something here for ALL AGES. Use the password, "god58" and the user name, "email@example.com" to sign on. Enjoy growing together in your faith as a family.
Other Childcare & Parenting resources